Monday, May 31, 2010

Noah

1. Tonight we went over to our friends' house to celebrate Memorial Day by BBQ-ing and playing on their new swing set. Noah loved it. He was so happy to eat hot dogs, jump down from the table and run around outside in the sprinkling rain in his bathing suit with their daughter Naomi. He swung on the swings, watched movies downstairs, ate homemade ice cream, played with Naomi, talked to Naomi, asked her questions ... it was pure Noah bliss. We didn't hear one peep from him for about 6 hours. I love that he loves to hang out with people and can keep himself busy.

2. He doesn't ever just give hugs ... it's always a hug AND kiss. Tonight when we left Jamieson's house he hugged and kissed Bobby's leg before he left (Bobby is Daniel's age - the daddy). It was awesome.

3. He is always entertaining to watch when he speaks. He uses his hands a LOT, his face is incredibly animated and his inflection is varied and exciting. I love to watch and listen to him speak - it's beautiful.

Liam

1. He was soooooo happy this morning. Everyone got up around the same time and stayed up - Gammie, me, Daniel, Noah and Liam. He was excited about everything! I suggested that everyone should go on a walk while I made waffles for breakfast and Liam's enthusiastic response was, "o-K!". He ran (from earlier posts you have to know this is one of my favorite past times - watching Liam run) into his room, then out again and said "eee cocs?" (where's my crocs?). I told him to look in his room and he said, "oh ... o-K!" and whipped around made a hard right turn towards his room and came out syaing "eeee cocs! cocs!" with one croc in his hand. Every answer to every question or statement we made was "o-K!" or "uh-HUH!" It was so cute.

2. When I went to get Liam out of his bed after his nap today, I walked in and he was casually lying there in his crib holding his blanket in his hands, with his legs and feet propped up on the bars of his crib. His little fat toes looked like tiny sausages gripping the bars and one foot was crossed over the other. I loved that today. His casual pose in bed ... especially his little feet.

3. Daniel and I were sitting and talking to our friends at their house tonight on their couch. The kids were playing downstairs and watching movies. Liam randomly came upstairs, walked right over to me, leaned over and said "mommy? up", so I dragged  him up onto the couch with me. He settled right in next to me, nestling his little bum in between me and the pillow next to me. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment