Saturday, May 29, 2010

Noah

1. He is so full of energy. Today we spent a lot of time outside in the backyard - talking, eating, playing - it was fun. Noah was riding around in cicles on his bike. His bike has training wheels and there is a section of uneven cement in our backyard. If Noah gets stuck on this uneven portion, his training wheels touch the ground, but his back wheel doesn't, so he spins in place. It's like riding on a stationary exercise bike. Today Noah got himself stuck there on purpose and rode it like an exercise bike for a long time. It was awesome. He looked so happy to just be literally "spinning his wheels".

2. We got a babysitter tonight. She's only babysat for us once before, so I reinroduced her to Noah and when I did, I told her if she ever wanted to know where soemthing was, to ask Noah. So as I showed her around the house and took her into the boys' room to show where diapers, jammies and et wipes were, we passed by the bathroom an Noah said, "Ashley, this is the bathroom. I know where it is and you can go potty here and bruch your teeth too".

3. He loves to play. He yearns for attention and interaction. I know how he feels and I love him for it. It is so cute when he asks in the sweetest voice, "Do you want to play with me now?"

Liam

1. He is beautiful. He smiles a lot and his face looks so serene most of the time.

2. He randomly crawls into my lap and sits there contented for a little while. Today after his nap, he came outside where we were and was eating some pasta on a chair. The chair tipped backwards because he was leaning on the back of it and he fell over. He was scared and startled the most, I think, but it was cute tha he just wanted me to hold him and then sit with him after his fall for a while. I love that he needs me and likes to sit with me.

3. We went outside this morning, just me and Liam and I pushed him on the swing. We came up with a little game. He'd say "high" and I'd stop the swing, pull it as high as my shoulders, then let it go and he'd swing super high. He giggled. It was fun. He looked happy, sounded happy and it brought me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment