Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Noah

1. Learned the word "uncomfortable" today.  I think I said it in the car, and he asked what it meant.  He must have understood, because later he got out of bed several times, saying, "it makes me uncomfortable when you close my door at night."

2. Right before bed, Noah was going to give me a kiss goodnight, but Francesca distracted him for a second, and he ended up head-butting me in the cheek.  I imitated what he had just done and he couldn't stop laughing.  He tried to re-enact what he had done about 7 or 8 times, but kept cracking up in the middle and couldn't get to the head-butt part.

3. When we left the Jamieson's house, Naomi was saying goodbye out the window while we were pulling out of the driveway.  She kept saying, "Goodbye Noah!" and Noah kept saying, "I love you!"

Liam

1. Liam was the most advanced swimmer in his aqua tots class today.  This is monumental, because Liam is not usually advanced in any setting compared to his peers.  He was the only kid in aqua tots to jump from the side of the pool into my arms.  And after he did it the first time, he wanted to do it about 30 more times.  I think all the other parents were jealous.

2. Liam really likes the Jamieson's cat, Harry - he tries to give it love, but ends up torturing it, lifting it by its tail, that sort of thing.  It's sad and hilarious.

3. Liam is getting better at talking now, mostly fueled by his desire to express his wants and needs. He asks for a lot of stuff nowadays. Today in the car he dropped his pen cap and yelped, "Mommy! wook! cup! cup!" (cap, cap) and I reinterated to him what he wanted then told him we'd get it when we got home and out of the car. He responded, "uh-kay". That is usually what he says. As long as I can tell him I understand what he wants, whatever I say after that, I end with, "is that okay?" and he always responds, "uh-kay" and he seems satisfied with that. I love that. He is a good natured soul.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Noah

1. Noah loves to make people laugh. Since the Jamieson girls have been here for a few days, he has been loving it, because all of his old tricks and jokes are new to them and he can unleash them on the girls and they seem to think Noah is pretty funny. Noah loves this. Tonight Stella was in a cranky mood. Noah was trying to jolly her out of it and kept saying, "Stella, look at me!" Then he'd whip his body around and fall to the ground and Stella would chuckle and say, "Noah is funny". I got the feeling that Noah is probably going to be doing this the rest of his life - trying to make some girl happy. He is going to be dealing with little emotional girls the rest of his life and he's going to marry one someday and continue trying to make her happy forever. He will be great at it.

2.
3.

Liam

1.
2.
3.

No comments:

Post a Comment