Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Noah

1. Today I asked Noah to draw me some "space pictures" so I could frame them and hang them up in his room as decoration. He asked what he should draw and I said, "How about a spaceship with windows and lots of people inside, looking out the windows?" Noah immediately corrected me, "Mommy, people aren't in spaceships, only ASTRONAUTS are in spaceships". He's too smart for me these days.

2. Noah needs a Daniel in his life, just like I do. Right now, I am in the office typing away and all I can hear is Noah speaking non-stop at Daniel. I don't even hear Daniel responding, but Noah has been a run-on sentence for about 20 minutes now. He came into the office about 5 minutes ago and said, "I'm playing Family Home Evening with Daddy. I am telling him stories. I already told him all of the story of the fireman and the firetruck and the dog." He just loves it when Daniel comes home and he can just talk and talk and talk at him. I feel the same way.

Liam

1. I was showing the "space pictures" to Daniel. We were doing this in the bathroom because the boys were in the bath. I asked Noah what one of the pictures was of and Noah said, "It's a spacer sausage" (he means flying saucer) to which Liam quickly jumped in and said, "eee ont sausage peash" (I want sausage please). I think Liam only knew what sausage was because we had some on our camping trip for breakfast with eggs. It is so funny that my little eater, Liam, wanted to put in a request for food as soon as he thought it was available.

2. Today it was hot - in the 90's and like 120% humidity, so we were mostly staying indoors, except for Liam. Liam is such a little man. He likes to putter around in the garage and throw balls and do manly man stuff, all the time. Today I was outside transplanting my little tomato plant and Liam came up to me with one of Daniel's leather work gloves that was on the work bench in the garage and asked "on?". I said he could put it on and so he did. Then he ran into the garage and grabbed a football, ran back to me and said, "ee catch? ... guv ... beeball" (want to play catch? I have my glove and football). Such a little athlete - even in 90 degree weather.

1 comment:

  1. I was asleep on the couch while Noah was telling me stories. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete