Thursday, August 26, 2010

Noah

1. Today Noah came up to me and said, "Mommy, I want to live right next to the beach so I can have a beach life" ... kid after my own heart. I want that too Noah ... sooooo badly. I'll work on it :)

2. He was so happy today because the Ordaz boys came over to play. When Noah gets excited he usually hurts himself and others. He flips around and kicks the air and runs around and waves his arms wildly .... ahhh, it's really crazy. He hasn't played with the Ordaz boys for over a month because they've been on vacation and so this morning when I saw him freaking out with happiness, I just smiled. He just couldn't contain himself and I guess I couldn't really blame him.

3. Noah, Antonio and Alejandro were talking at the lunch table (in and of itself ... that is awesome to watch). You have to see their faces. Antonio usually has a furrowed brow as he talks very seriously about pretty much everything. Alejandro smiles a lot and jokes. Noah is the most dramatic. His eyes get big, he uses his hands to talk and speaks with major inflection in his tone .... so hilarious. They were discussing the solar system, specifically the sun. Noah interjected, "the sun is not just a sun ya know. It's a  (dramatic pause) star (said very slowly)" The boys said they knew that. Noah continued sharing factoids when he said, "Saturn is the planet with the rings around it". The boys then went on to discuss that other planets had rings too .... the knowledge was flowing over lunch today.

Liam

1. He's talking so much lately and I can actually understand most of it. When I heard him waking up after his nap, I went in to get him and I was on the phone with Daniel (who has been out of town all week in Colorado, backpacking with Eric and Ian). I asked Liam if he wanted to talk to Daddy, he said, "yeah". He usually just says "hi", "gee" (good) and "yeah" to all questions/conversation on the phone, but this time when daddy asked about what he did with the Ordaz boys Liam came up with "payee ties" (playing with toys). Good for you Liam! I love your sweet face.

2. The weather was so incredibly wonderful tonight that we got Wendy's and went to a nearby park to eat dinner and play inthe sunshine. I set us up on the only bench left at the park not being used. It was directly in the sun. Liam sat down and went to take a swig of his chocolate milk. As he raised the drink, he was staring right at the sun. I watched him. He put the drink down, looked upset, then tried raising it again, this time with eyes tightly shut, but he gave that up just as quickly. He turned to me and said, "Mommy, eee sun eyes". I told him to stand up and turn around and try again. He said, "ok". He did it again, not facing the sun but with eyes still squeezed shut. Halfway through his drink he popped open one eye cautiously, then happily opened the other eye as he ralized it was safe. I love watching this little person figure stuff out. It's beautiful. You can almost see the wheels turning in their head as they think through problems in front of you and I love it.

3. Liam doesn't like to get dirty. A few days ago, we were at a park. Liam was wearing his flip flops. I watched him as he walked around the park. He kept getting tanbark in his flip flops and everytime he did (which was about every 15 seconds) he would stop, rip off his flip flop, pick it up to his mouth and blow on the flip flop to get the tanbark off, then throw the shoes down and try to slide his foot in. This only worked a few times, then he must've gotten too sweaty, because his fat little feet had tanbark stuck to them and when he'd throw the shoe down and try to slip his foot in them, his foot was covered in tanbark. He looked so frustrated and deflated when he yelled out to me to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment