Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Noah

1. Tonight I read Shel Silverstein's "The Giving Tree". In the front of the book, there is an inscription written to Mark, so we must've gotten this book from the Forsyths. It is such a good book. It makes me cry reading it to Noah, everytime. I remember my mom crying when reading "Love You Forever" to me. I thought it was weird that she would cry when reading a children's book to me. Now I know why. At the end of  "The Giving Tree", the tree says, "but I have nothing left to give you - My apples are gone ... my branches are gone ... you cannot swing on them .... my trunk is gone ... you cannot climb ... I am sorry, I wish that I could give you something ... but I have nothing left. I am just an old stump. I am sorry ....", sometimes I feel that way. I give everything I've got and it doesn't feel like nearly enough, but I love my boys so much, I would give them all I have - my mind, body and spirit and just pray to Father in heaven that my meager offering was enough for these little men that are mine. I loved reading to Noah tonight.

2. Today we were in the car and the radio was on. The radio station was advertising what would be playing over the next hour and told us to stayed tuned. One of the song clips they played was "Hey Soul Sister" by Train. That is Noah's favorite song lately. I turned and looked at Noah and said, "hey, do you hear that?" I thought Noah would say something like, "yeah! That's my favorite song!" but instead he said, "mommy, that's not really the song. That's a commercial". I totally laughed and said, "how do you know about commercials?" He said, "it's just in my brain. Commercials are just short and quick, not the real song, mommy". He had a tone of voice like "c'mon mom". It was awesome. He surprises me all the time.

3. Tonight I gave the boys a bath. I let Noah get out on his own and pull out the plug while I got Liam dressed in the boys' room. I herad the plug come out and the bath start draining and 3 seconds later Noah comes rushing into the bedroom and says, "Mommy! Look! Feel my hair - it's all spiky!" He went on to explain how he whipped his head up from out the of the water and he realized it made his hair stand up on end and he wanted me to let him keep it that way. I said he could and you should ee it now, after it has dried ... totally fluffy, just like Daniel's hair. So cute.

Liam

1. It's the looks he gives me. I cannot explain them all. You just have to see his face. He looks at me with such love no matter what. It's mostly in his eyes. Even when he's crying he looks at me like, "Why would you punish me? I just need love!" He watches me with those sweet little eyes and looks at me with them with such adoration too. It's beautiful.

2. He seems to feel compelled to say the name of everything he knows how to say. From the moment he is concious, he will start blurting out words he knows and pointing to things he knows. Today when I woke him from his nap he stretched out in bed and then I picked him up and he said, "eee Noah? (where's Noah?) ... bee-kink (blanket)? ... shoes on? ... set-shut (sweatshirt)? ...", then he said a few things that were completely incomprehensible, then, "cah (car) ... seat! ... boots (there was one in the car)" -  it went on like this for a while.

3. It's how he says "uh HUH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment