Thursday, May 20, 2010

Noah

1. Tonight after we put Liam to bed and after we read Noah his bedtime stories, we just sat on the couch and talked for about ten minutes. I loved it. Noah told me about his day. He said he played with whipped cream at preschool (he meant shaving cream). He told me that at Emma's house tonight for dinner he did NOT go in the back where the wood with nails was because that was dangerous, even though he said he would be very careful, he still didn't go back there. I asked him about "Dads Day" at preschool today and if he liked having Daddy there. Noah said he liked it and that he didn't get to show daddy all of his centers at the beginning but he showed him later. It was a good chat, then he went to bed.

2. He was accomodating to Liam while we were playing at Butler's house tonight. He let Liam ride the toy car first even though he really wanted to.

3. I got some real joy out of feeding Noah lunch today. Daniel went to preschool with Noah today because it was "Dads Day", so he dropped Noah off at home before going back to work. I was prepped for Noah by the time he got home. I had the pool all set up, so he ran inside, put on his swim trunks and started playing in the pool. Then I brought him a cheese and mustard sandwich (by request) and watched him from inside the house as he sat at the patio set and ate his sandwich and drank his water. He seemed so happy and carefree. He swung his little legs while eating and looked around. He even sung a little to himself. When he was done I brought out some orange julius to drink down for a treat. He loved it. I loved it.

Liam

1. After we dropped Noah off at school, we came home, ate lunch and then I told him it was time for a nap. Liam did not fight it. He really liked his little routine I think. He said "OK" and we took off his sandals, walked into his room, he got his blanket out and I closed the blinds and said goodnight and that was it. He said, "bye mommy" as I left, with a huge grin on his face. It was awesome.

2. He doesn't like messes. He had made a huge mess with his Rice Crispies the day before and this morning he ran over to his chair to eat and exclaimed, "Mommy! eeee mossy. ook! eeee mossy" (Mommy, it's messy, look! It's messy). I grabbed a distinfecting wipe to clean it and he said, "I hope! I hope!" (I help!). So he got a disinfecting wipe too.

3. He loves being outside. Tonight after dinner at a friend's house all the kids were playing inside in Emma's room, but not Liam. He had me help him get his shoes on, then he found his way outside. I kept checking on him, but he was just talking to himself and playing with measuring cups out on their deck. It was really cute. He knows what he wants and just does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment