Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Noah

1. Today was preschool graduation. Noah looked awesome. He wore some cut off corduroys, a t-shirt that said "surf beat" on it, his red wristband (like those sweat ones used for tennis in the 80's) and his red flip flops. I love that this is the way he dresses himself.

2. I love that Noah is a social butterfly. He loves play dates and all he did all day was play dates. Infact, he told his favorite high school student teacher (Miss Britney), "I really want to have a play date with you. Can we do a play date?" ... he is so awesome sometimes. After preschool graduation he played at his girlfriend Haley's house while I went to Costco. (By the way, everytime he gives Haley a hug goodbye he always does a hug and kiss. She expects it now and today Noah went skipping off toward the car and Haley whined, "hey!" and Noah ran over and gave a hug and kiss, then Haley seemed content to let him go ... so funny). After Haley's house, he and Liam went to the Jamieson's house while I had a dentist appointment and we ended up eating pizza for dinner there, then running off to swim lessons. Noah loved it! A day on the go was soooooo his style. And yet I felt so bad for Liam because it is sooooo not Liam's style. It really wore him out, but when Daniel asked Noah how his day went today he said, "it was a great day!"

3. Today in the car he was trying to describe something to me. This is what he said, "what is the planet called that has moons all over it?" I didn't know what he was talking about, so he clarified, "you know, the planet in my room, in the solar system with the green moons and it's blue??" I asked about the green moons, he said, "moons are like half crescents mommy". Crescents?? How does he know that? I love him. He is like a sponge, soaking up every bit of info he hears. This morning he was asking if bees sniffed pollen through their noses, I said I didn't know and when I asked where he learned about bees he said, "Sesame Street. Mommy, maybe you should watch Sesame Street and then you could know about bees".

Liam

1. He says, "wha eeee doing?" and he means - where are we going? He asked this after we dropped Noah off at Haley's house. I told him the plan - shopping at Randazzos, picking up Noah and going to Jamiesons. He said, "oh". It sounds like he knows what's going on and understands everything I explain to him, but I'm not sure. It's cute that he asks and responds though.

2. So much is not spoken outloud with Liam. It's his eyes that speak to me. I can tell if he's angry, scared, being silly, tired ... it's all in his eyes. I love that about him. It's beautiful and a bit of a challenge because sometimes I really don't know what he needs, but his little soul is so tender and he has been sick lately too so he's been more clingy and somehow it makes me feel special. I'm the only one he really trusts. At least that's what it seems like and I like that.

3. He was such a good sport today. He felt awful and I knew this day of running around was tiring for him (because he whined a lot today) but he endured it and went along. He didn't make a huge fuss or throw any tantrums, he just let me take him around, drop him off and pick him up and spent most of the day in the car. Poor little guy. His face just looked tired, worried and slightly sad. I promise that tomorrow will be a Liam day and you can take a 4 hour nap, eat at home, stay at home and play with Noah. Thanks for being such a sweetheart even though you were sick.

2 comments:

  1. I taught Noah about crescents the other day - it's in his book of shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i taught noah about hugging and kissing his girlfriend. It's in my book of uncle stuff.

    ReplyDelete