Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Noah

1. It was 8 pm and Noah was supposed to be in bed. Daniel and I were around the house getting stuff done when we came upon Noah talking at the front door. He was leaning his head out the screen door saying, "Helloooooo! Just checking on you guys". Daniel asked who he was talking to and he said, "the birds. I was just checking on them".

2. I was about to get in the shower and I had just put Liam down for his nap. I found Noah in the front room playing. He is so cute. He had lined up all of his little trucks in the entryway and was playing with his little plastic frog which he calls "Space Frog" and he was talking (in voices) for his different characters. He plays so awesome. His little imagination is just brimming these days. I told him I was jumping in the shower and asked if he needed anything and he said, "no, see ya, have fun!" then turned back to Space Frog and the gang ... I love him.

3. I was in the shower when I heard Noah throw open the bathroom door and walk in. He said, "mommy? Are you still in the shower?" I paused because it seemed painfully obvious, then answered, "yes, I'm still in the shower". Noah said, "oh, okay ... my mommy is still in the shower". I was immediately alarmed and asked who he was talking to. I peeked around the shower curtain ready for anything and saw Noah grinning huge with my cell phone open and pressed to his ear. I asked who he was talking to and he answered, "I heard your phone singing and I answered it. It's Aunt Steena. I told her you were in the shower". I was relieved. I told him to tell her I'd call her back and he turned and started chatting away on my phone as he wandered into the front room. What a little man.

Liam

1. No one is going to believe me, but he yells ... ALL ... THE ... TIME. He is so silent and reserved around other people, just smiling all coy-like and batting his huge brown doe- eyes ... seriously, he yells. It's kind of how he communicates these days. He yells at Noah a lot. He screams a blood curdling yelp anytime Noah even touches something he wants (whether it's in his hands or not). He screams to eat, to get out, in, up, down and when I wash his hands and face. It only makes me laugh when he is yelling a question at me and he scrunches up his little fat lips into a snarl, furrows his brow and looks confused. You'd have to see it.

2. He and Noah were absolutely the cutest things in the world today in the baesment playing together. Oh my gosh!! Usually they just argue over the toys, but today after Liam's nap, they were being such little buddies and it made me so happy. Noah was cutting out paper pieces and taping them to the walls of the basement, pretending to create a "party for daddy". (side-note: while Noah was preparing the party, he said, "oh daddy is going to LOVE this party I am making for him! He will be so proud of me!" ... too cute right?) Anyway, Liam came downstairs and they just started talking to each other. Noah talks to Liam like he's the same age and fully expects Liam to respond correctly, and usually Liam says something coherent too, it was awesome. Noah asked if Liam wanted to make signs for daddy and Liam siad, "uh HUH", so Noah said, "OK, here's some paper for you and paper for me and here's some pens. We have to draw something and THEN we cut it out". They cut and Noah asked Liam to cut some tape off for him, and Liam did. Liam asked for crayons and Noah gave him some. Liam asked for scissors and Noah gave it to him. Then Liam went into the fort for a while and Noah went to the fort door and made knocking noises with his mouth and Liam actually answered the door! It was just wonderful to see my little men play together and not fight or yell or destroy something. ahhhhhhhh.

3. I love that he calls birds "beesh".

No comments:

Post a Comment