Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Noah

1. Loves his "BFF" Braeden and we were sooo lucky that he stopped by for a playdate while they are in town for a week. Noah just beamed. He laughed and talked and played hard. It was so fun to see him so happy.

2. He says "hi" to everyone and everything he sees. Sometimes, like today, he yells it to total strangers who just happen to be walking past our house. It's alarming to people at first, then they usually smile and say "hi" back. When they don't respond, he says in a loud voice, "Mommy? Why didn't they say 'hi' to me?" Usually the person is still within earshot, so I can't say something like, "well, maybe they're not as friendly as you", so I usually just say, "I don't know". Noah needs to say hello and I love that. He is friendly and happy and I hope he stays that way, no matter how many people don't say hi back.

3. He got himself dressed for bed tonight by himself. He is wearing a macthing Lightening McQueen shorts and t-shirt jammie set. You'd think that would be cool, right? Well, not really. It's a little obscene. The jammies are a size 5T, so I thought they'd fit him perfectly and they SHOULD, but they don't. They basically look like he's wearing hot pants. It's hilarious and he has no idea, he just loves them because Lightening McQueen is on the front and it has racing checkers down the side. Oh man, he looks like one of the chicks at the starting line or something .... hahaha, but it made me smile tonight.

Liam

1. He props at least one foot up while he sleeps. Now THIS is from me .... finally something, sheesh. My dad props his left foot up while he drives and I do too. Liam gets comfy by propping one of his fat little feet in the bars of his crib. I noticed it again tonight.

2. This morning he looked really happy to see me. I woke up and he yelled, "mommy!", then came over to the door of the bathroom (yes I was having my morning pee) and just looked all adorably at me. He batted his big brown eyes and swung his little foot around while hanging onto the doorframe with his chubby hands ... it was like he was being flirtacious and I loved it.

3. He and Noah had an awesome discussion tonight in the basement, it went something like this:

Liam: ook mommy! ook! uh ant!
Noah: that's not an ant, it's a beetle
Liam: ant
Noah: no it's not. It's a beetle Liam. Mommy, there's a beetle!
Liam: ant! mommy ook!
Me: then scoop it up and take it outside.
Liam: Ok. ah-side
Noah: Liam, we need to take it outside, c'mon. It's a beetle.
Liam: o-K! ah-side eeee beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment