Monday, June 7, 2010

Noah

1. He sang on the phone to Aunt Steena today. Noah is my little performer. He sang Rascal Flatt's "Life is a Highway" and Train's "Hey Soul Sister". It was awesome.

2. Noah is a good big brother. He tries to keep Liam from doing "bad things". Today he stopped Liam from rolling our lawn mower out of the garage and came and told me what Liam was trying to do. Noah is my little informant and I like that. I can use all the help I can get!

3.  He has been asking me for two days to read him "Goodnight Moon". Today I finally did. On the second page, I read it and then asked him about something on that page. Noah stopped me and said, "No no mommy, just read it. That's how Daddy does it". Noah knows what he wants I guess. It was cute.

Liam

1. Tonight for amily Home Evening Liam was in charge of the opening and closing song. I asked what he wanted to sing for opening song and he said, "eee,  ap ununn shheee on up eee uh buttah cup!" (my little buttercup) I only understood the last word he said and I said, "My little buttercup?" and he said, "uh HUH!" (insert huge grin here). It .... was ... adorable. We sang it for the closing song too.

2. Tonight when Daniel and I went in to check on the boys before we went to bed Liam said something in his sleep. I don't know what he said, but he said it like he was completely awake. His tone sounded slightly bothered and it sounded like, "eee dink" ... your guess is as good as mine. But it's funny because it reminded me of Daniel. Daniel talks in his sleep too and it sounds like he's awake too. They talk in perfect clarity and inflection like they are concious. I didn't know until tonight that they had that in common too.

3. Sometimes Liam asks me questions. About half of the time I know what he's asking. If I know what he wants, I can explain to him why he can or cannot have something, drink something, eat something, etc. It's absolutely priceless to see his face watch mine intently as I respond to his question. After I am done explaining, most of the time he says, "Ok". But it's his tone you have to hear. The "oh" is higher than the "k" and it sounds as if he's tired but resigned to do as I told him. It sounds so agreeable. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. jonathan and dallin talk in their sleep. jonathan and i have had conversations in his sleep. it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete