Monday, June 7, 2010

Wow, this has been harder than I thought. Doing it every day is a challenge sometimes. I try to be as consistent as possible, but have missed 2 days!!! I feel like I’ve missed so much.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Noah

1. He knows how to party. We had dinner over at a friend’s house with a few couples and their families. Noah knows how to hold his own. He made himself at home by figuring out that the toys were stashed in a drawer below the TV within 5 minutes of being at their house and immediately started pulling them out and playing. Later, Daniel found him in the backyard by himself just playing, staying occupied. He shared toys and always talks to kids whether they are older, younger or his age the same. He is no respecter of persons. He thinks everyone is just like him. It’s pretty cool.

2. He will eat anything if you give him a finite number of bites to eat. 5 bites? OK! And he’ll hork it down.

3. He can dress himself and he loves his helicopter t-shirt. I was getting ready to go to our friends’ house and he asked what I was doing and I said, “getting dressed” and Noah said, “well, if I was you, I would wear some shorts and a helicopter shirt and flip flops and a sweatshirt”.

Liam

1. He just came and sat on my lap while I was talking tonight. He just sat with me and enjoyed snuggling up to me and holding my hands, then he hopped down and ran off. I loved it.

2. His wake up voice. It’s a little gurgled and hoarse and his lips are still a little swollen from being so relaxed. It’s gorgeous and hilarious at the same time. Sometimes he wakes up and just starts naming things in the room that he knows how to say.

3. Today he loved the ribs we ate with our friends. I love that he is an open minded eater. Also … he LOVES BBQ sauce.

Saturday, June 5, 2010


Noah

1. Today Daniel and I were talking after Liam went to sleep. Noah was still up. We had to talk about some stuff and not be interrupted so we closed our bedroom door. Noah let us talk for about 2 minutes before he came knocking. We told him that we needed to talk and we’d be out a little later. And he kind of whimpered, “But I need to have someone to talk to”. It was adorable. I love my little social Noah. He has LOTS to say everyday and needs his mommy and daddy. I love that.

2. Noah is in a “what if” stage. This stage is not quite as intense as his “why?” stage (which has been in effect for about a year and he’s still going strong), nevertheless, it is a stage I have noticed lately. It is completely ridiculous. He asks the most nonsensical things – the starting point is ridiculous and he moves farther from reality and sense from there. I cannot give an example. It just happens. I need to record it, because it is too bizarre. But definitely cute to hear his little brain sort through things out loud.

3. His eyes are a little lighter brown than mine and absolutely gorgeous. I hope his wife appreciates his eyes someday.

Liam

1. His giggle is melodious. When something really strikes him as funny he does it. His giggle is different than the forced, loud laughter he does with Noah when they are being naughty at the table, not eating their food and making messes. His giggle bubbles up out of him like it’s coming from his soul and it is so beautiful. It shakes his little shoulders and belly and he unknowingly throws his head back when he does it. His mouth is slightly open and his eyes are half shut. His hands are limp and it is the most beautiful thing in the world.

2. He doesn’t like having poopies in his diaper. As soon as he does it, he will not sit down and will find me and say, “ee pee-oop” (I pooped).

3. Liam is scared to death of the toilet. I thought since he was recognizing when he was pooping, that it was the first signs of potty training readiness (yes, I’ve read “potty training for dummies”). I tried asking if he wanted to go on the potty. He said, “uh HUH!” So I took off his diaper and picked him up and held him on top of the toilet seat, since the potty chair is still downstairs. His poor little body shook and he gripped me fiercely, then in a nervous tone, “all done, all done!” Oh man … this is not a good sign for potty training ahead, but so cute that he was willing to try.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Noah

1. I was getting ready for a girl’s night party for me and friends in the ward and was very busy today. I always feel bad for Noah when I have busy days. Liam sleeps for a major chunk of the day, but Noah is up and about and a mover and a shaker and likes to be a part of things, so days like today are hard for him. But he was a trooper, thanks buddy. Noah stayed busy doing things in the basement, hanging out outside when I was outside and asking every few minutes if he could help. What a sweetheart. It broke my heart to have to tell him it was just a “mommy job” and I tried to include him as much as possible. I’m just thankful today that Noah is sweet, helpful and can entertain himself sometimes.

2. I felt so bad for basically ignoring Noah’s needs that by the afternoon, I sat down and ate a sandwich with him. We talked about what we would do this summer since preschool was out for the summer. I told him we could have “school time” everyday and learn about things he wanted to learn about. I asked him what he wanted to learn about this summer and this was his list, “cows, cats, dogs, horses, radios, sheep, the letter N, all letters, all letter sounds, frogs, crabs, do coloring, do science experiments and do art projects”. Then he took over the list I was writing and scribbled letters and his name over the rest of the list.

3. Noah kept asking when we were going to do preschool stuff. I told him we would do it this summer but today was a busy day and I didn’t have time. I felt guilty and finally walked downstairs with him and asked him what we could do for preschool time. I asked if we should read a book together and he responded, “ummm, they usually do that at the end of preschool. But at the beginning we do centers”. I told him we could set up an art center. So I grabbed a few pieces of paper, some buttons, stickers, glue and scissors and told him we’d make an “underwater scene”. I drew a few pictures of fish and then a shark and Noah did the rest. He cut them out really well! He cut probably within a ½ inch of the lines! He glued everything himself and stickered it …. It looked amazing. I’m keeping it in his journal. I love my creative Noah today.

Liam

1. I love that he slept for 3 ½ hours today … thank you!

2. I love that he talks to me. He is so quiet around others and it makes me feel special that he talks to me. He tries soooo hard to say things too. It’s really adorable. His prayers are especially awesome. Here’s my best effort at sounding out what he sounds like while saying a prayer (are we allowed to video prayers??) I dunno … “Dee Heavy Fah-uh. Purple (I swear his “grateful” sounds exactly like he’s saying “purple”) uh pood (food). Bess uh pood. Nem Gheesus K-eye-st, uh-mun!” The cutest foreigner ever.

3. I love how his hair is especially thick on the very top of his head (and slightly wavy too) and the back is just luscious. His little moppy head is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment