Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yes, you're reading this right .... my daily blog has been neglected for a week ... am I going to try and catch up you ask? No. I'm moving on ...

Noah

1. The conversation Noah and I had in the car ride to the gym this morning:

Noah: Mommy, I think I am going to say a little prayer now.
Me: OK
Noah: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day and oh Lord and in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Mommy, I'm done.
Me: OK, that was a nice prayer.
Noah: Did you know that Tow Mater says "oh Lord" even when he's not saying a prayer? That's bad right? You only say "oh Lord" when you're talking to Heavenly Father in a prayer, right?
Me: right, Noah, you are very smart. Good job.
Noah: yeah.

2. Tonight we all went and swam at Aqua Tots as a family because it was "bring a friend to Aqua Tots" night - so me and Noah were the friends. Noah had a noodle under his arms and I was holding his tummy up as he swam around the pool. He turned to me after several minutes of this and said, "Can you let go of me Mommy?" My little fearless Noah. I hope he doesn't seriously hurt himself one of these days being so fearless.

3. Emma Butler came over with her mommy and little sister, Katie, to have a play date with us this afternoon. Noah and Emma played outside. I have a hard time differentiating between a sad cry and laughing really hard sometimes, when it comes to kids. You'd think that wouldn't be hard to tell the difference bewteen, but if you have kids, you know what I mean. So Emma was laughing hard at Noah and Noah just LOVED it. He did the same little flip on the swing set over and over again just because Emma was laughing so hard at him. Noah glows from the inside out when people find him funny. I know how he feels.

Liam

1. He calls every truck we pass a "fire truck" and requires me to repeat what he's saying so he knows I know what he's saying. It's pretty distracting to do this while I'm driving because we see a truck about every 30 seconds. It's amazing I haven't been in an accident, but I count y blessings - Liam is talking so much these days!!

2. Liam loves his bed (crib). I don't know how we will ever convince him to move into a "big boy bed" one of these days, he just seems so completely content in his crib. And I know this because for the past two days, Liam has had 4 hour naps! And I finally go in to his room to rouse him and find him lying there with a serene look on his face, his blanket in his hands and a grin when he sees me. And yesterday when I finally pulled him out of his bed he said, "no, bed! bed!" ... this kid is totally awesome.

3. Liam calms himself and lulls himself to sleep by gripping the softest, fleecy part of his favorite blanket in his hands and rubbing it ever so gently across his lips and fingertips. The other day I noticed him dragging around his blanket. He stopped in his tracks in the middle of the office when he looked down and saw an old scrape on his knee. He bent over and carefully rubbed his blanket across his knee. It was hilarious. Then I started noticing him rubbing his blanket gently against several other items - a stuffed animal, some legos and me. He's sharing the love I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love it, Your blog is so fun to read, and it makes me laugh every time. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete