Sunday, August 8, 2010

Noah

1. He kept his "Sunday hat" on all day today at church.

2. Today in Primary I was in charge of giving the sharing time lesson and leading singing time. We were talking about the miracles Jesus performed and specifically about the ten lepers. I asked if anyone in the Junior Primary (kids from 3-7 years old) knew what a leper was. Noah's hand shot up. I called on him and he said, "I know about lepers because you told me about them on the way to church one day. There are ten of them." I love him so much.

3. Noah loves to help. And sometimes he's actually helpful. Today after church he helped Daniel take the dishes out of the dishwasher and then helped me by licking the cookie dough off the spatula. What a good helper.

4. Noah sounded out the word "dog" in Sacrament meeting today. He's so smart. He spent the majority of Sacrament meeting drawing letters and numbers on his magnetic drawing board. But really, his favorite thing to do with letters is to write out a line of letters that nowhere even comes close to resembling a word and then asks Daniel (because I refuse to do this anymore) to sound it out and tell him what it says. It usually comes out sounding pretty funny and Noah loves it.

Liam

1. He asked for and wore his "Sunday hat" all day.

2. He makes what Daniel refers to as "friendly eyes" at people. He tries to catch peoples' eyes by staring at them and not saying a word, once they look his eyebrows raise and he smiles all demurely ... oh man, it is so fantastic to watch. Sometimes people (and when I say "people", I really mean individuals who are trying to listen to the talks in Sacrament meeting and sitting in the rows behind us) will smile back at him or wave or something. When they do this, he usually laughs. It is gorgeous to watch. What a little flirt.

3. I am going to get in a car accident someday because Liam is so gosh darn beautiful. It's easy to appreciate his gorgeous little face when we're on the way home from church because it's holding very still and looking ever so serene. I looked back to check on the boys at a stop light and noticed Liam just staring out the window, holding prefectly still. I took a silent picture in my mind of the light illuminating his eyes, cheeks and lips. It was so breathtaking. As I stared, he turned and looked at me with his huge, dark brown eyes deepset under his little eyebrows. A tiny, tired smile stretched across his lips just slightly before he turned back to the window. Just so pretty. I kept looking back to catch more glimpses the rest of the car ride home. It was so tempting to watch him and not the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment