Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Noah

1. His laugh. It is infectious sometimes. It is bubbly, loud and high. Today while we were driving to IKEA Noah was asking me, "Why don't dinosaurs wear any clothes?" I was stumped, seriously, for a second, then I answered, "because animals don't wear clothes. Have you ever seen a pig in pants?" He laughed is laugh. I was egged on, "Have you ever seen a chicken wearing shoes? Or a horse in a dress?" More bubbles of laughter, then he joined in, "Have you ever seen a hot dog on a car? .... was that funny mommy?" I said, "yes".

2.  How he didn't seem to mind at all, actually, he seemed to enjoy the fact that we were having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner tonight. Daniel is gone to school tonight and won't be home until 9:30 pm and I just finished painting the office and didn't feel like cooking .... and Noah didn't care, he thought it was awesome.

3. He comes up to me randomly throughout the day and kisses me somewhere on my person (usually on my hip cuz that's how tall he is right now and that's what is in front of his face) and says, "I love you mommy", then walks off.

Liam

1. He loves animals and gets very excited whenever he sees one. He sees and hears them before me most times. Today when I got him in the car to go pick up Noah from preschool he pointed with his chubby finger and said "beesh!! .... beesh!" (that means "birds"). I really had to stop the car and struggle to see what he saw, then I did and he was right, there were birds.

2. When we got back from dropping Noah off from preschool I was planning on walking right in the house and putting Liam down for his nap ASAP, because I had to paint the office and also because he'd been carrying his "bee-kink" (blanket) around for an hour now and I knew he was tired. But as soon as we walked in the house, Liam ran over to his chair at the table and climbed up and said "eat? eat?!". I love that he can tell me what he needs and that he knows it so positively too. That is so much like Daniel and I love it.

3. I gave Noah and Liam a lollipop this afternoon to keep them happy while I was painting. About 5 minutes later, Liam comes to the door of the office and says "bokin .... mommy! eeee bokin" and I turned and saw his lollipop stick was bent in half. He was telling me it was "broken". The look on his scrunched up baby face was so beautiful, it made me laugh and grab the camera. I don't think any of the pictures really captured it, but here's what I got:

Here are a few shots we've taken over the past few days and I loved ...

Noah swinging:

And this is what he looks like when he doesn't think anyone is looking:

The rest are from Monday night, the boys were obsessed with the Mother's Day flowers they gave me. They gave me so many I had to start filling mason jars and old jelly jars with flowers and I love how it looks and how my boys look while looking at them :)



are you seeing both of their faces??

Something about this photo is beautiful to me. Something about the blocks of color - yellow, green and the flowers. Plus the fact that it is completely unscripted and candid.

And that's all I've got for today. It was actually kind of a rough day, but you wouldn't know it by the things I remembered and wrote down. That's good.

1 comment:

  1. Francesca! I love your new little men experiment!! The boys are absolutely the cutest, and I love how you capture their sweet little essence in words and photos. You are an amazing mom. I wish we lived closer so I could squeeze those little cuties! Miss you guys!! XOXO Nauni

    ReplyDelete