Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Noah

1. At swim lessons tonight Noah looked so happy. He is so fearless and he loves swim lessons. He just beams, grinning so hard that it looks like a grimace sometimes. I loved watching him kicking as hard as he could and laughing outloud as his teacher tried desperately to get him to keep his feet pointed, legs straight and arms rotating. He didn't care one bit whether he was doing it right or not, he just loves being in the water and moving. I hope he stays fearless, happy and that he doesn't care what others think or do - I hope my Noah stays this way forever - it's beautiful to watch.

2. He has pouty lips that are so red and his skin is so white (thank you Daniel) - he looks like a boyish Snow White to me.

3. He wanted to help me with the laundry, but I told him I needed to fold the pile first, then he could help me put the clothes away. Evidently I wasn't folding fast enough because he came to the door of my bedroom twice asking if he could help me yet. I told him, "not yet" and he went away dejected twice. On the third time back he just stayed at my doorway and talked to me incessantly until I told him it was time to help. He is my little helper. Whenever I leave instructions for a babysitter I always end with, "and if you're not sure where something is or goes, just ask Noah. He knows where everything is".

Liam

1. He woke up with a hoarse voice. Is it sadistic of me to LOVE his little hoarse voice?? He was coughing all morning and got better as the day went on, but I just loved how his sweet, tiny voice sounded a little raspy all day - adorable. I think I unknowingly gave him more kisses today because of it.

2. We have a hat that used to be Daniel's dad's - and Liam loves it. All day Liam walked around with this straw hat of Papa's and he looked amazing. The inside lining of the hat has a stretchy elastic to help keep it in place and it's perfect for the boys because their heads are small, but the hat stays on their heads. Today I thought of Mark and Liam and it made me smile.

3. While I was at swim lessons in the bleachers, I noticed that I wasn't watching Liam very closely, but instead focusing on Noah in the pool. I whipped my gaze around to see Liam quietly sitting on the bottom step of the bleachers leaning his fat cheek against the handrail, just watching. Every once in a while he would turn to me and say "eeeeee Noah?" and I would tell him and point to where Noah was and he'd say, "k". He is such an easy going kid. I love him for that. He is calming and sweet like his daddy and I'm reminded of that a lot. I was reminded today.

*side note - today was awful. I felt awful, the weather was cold and wet and I was very busy with the boys and tired, but here I sit and come up with 3 positive things about my boys in no time flat. I think that's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment