Thursday, May 13, 2010

Noah

1. I got out of the shower this morning and found both boys on Noah's bed under his quilt giggling. I asked what they were doing and Noah said, "you're a monster, we're hiding from you!" and Liam echoed, "hiding!" I found their halloween lantern and gave it to them under the blanket and told them to have fun. They just kept giggling. I love that they are friends.

2. We made a circle banner for Liam's birthday (which is tomorrow. Liam will be two) and Noah was such a huge help. He wrote all of the letters on the banner - which made it cuter. He used a glue stick and put the white circles on the colored circles. He loved it. Noah loves art projects in general. I told him once that I thought coloring was one of his talents. Later (maybe that night or the next day) Daniel told me that he complimented Noah on something he was doing and Noah responded, "Yeah, that's one of my talents".



3. We got home from preschool and Liam was pretty upset because he's sick and his nap was severely truncated. I walked in and was putting away something in my room when I heard Liam yelp. I rolled my eyes and thought, "what now?". I walked into the front room to find Noah with a chocolate chip cookie (he'd gotten it from preschool) and he was feeding a piece to Liam and then a piece for himself. Liam was sitting on the ottoman with  the hugest grin on his face. My guess is that Liam saw the cookie and yelped because he wanted it and Noah solved the problem by sharing. Good for Noah. Whatever happened, it was a beautiful sight.

Liam

1. He's been kinda miserable all day and a little cranky because he's sick. He has a bad runny nose and a hoarse cough still. He slept while Noah was at preschool (a short hour and 15 minutes, poor Liam, he usually sleeps for like 3 hours). When I went in to his room to wake him so I could go pick up Noah, Liam looked sound asleep. I picked him up and carried him into the front room to get his shoes on. He just sat there in the leather chair letting me put his shoes on and whimpering, "deep .....deep" (sleep). It was so sad, and yet so sweet that he was just sitting there letting me stick him in a cold car and take him out in the rainy weather ... what a trooper and super cute too.

2. He sings to himself when he can't sleep. It's kind of loud and sounds like yoddeling.

3. This morning Liam was cranky and had a bit of a breakdown. He was just crying and standing alone at one point. I leaned over and picked him up, sat him in my lap in the leather chair and sang, "my little buttercup".  He loved it and stopped crying immediately. Liam is my little music lover. I stopped singing to answer a call from Daniel and Liam turned to me and said, "sing!" The other night at Family Home Evening he was requesting songs too. He said, "sing beam - peesh, sing beam!" (sing "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam", please, sing).

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of "Truncated"! I like this so much. It's like I get to know your kids since I am so far away! Love them! More pictures please. p.s. you should have a link (on the side)on your Family Blog to the boys' blog

    ReplyDelete