Sunday, May 16, 2010

Noah

1. Sweet little guy was coughing so bad he had to stay home from church - this is not a treat for Noah. He LOVES church and today I realized I LOVE having him in the front row in Junior Primary and he was sorely missed (by me). He seems so interested in what we're teaching him and he seems to already know the right answers too. He is also the clearest speaker in his CTR 4 class. It is so cute to hear him talk up at the pulpit and to see him eagerly waiting to sing with me during singing time and to see him raise his hand and say stuff like he did last Sunday, which was, "well, you could maybe pick up your toys without your mommy asking you to!"

2. I woke up after Daniel and Noah and Liam. As I sat on the toilet, Noah and Liam saw me from the front room and both ran over to me, gave me hugs and had huge grins on their faces as they exclaimed, "mommy!! you're awake!"

3. I washed Noah's feet tonight. They were very dirty and we were going to rub some ointment on them so I needed to wash them. I immediately thought of how the Savior washed the feet of his disciples before he went to the Garden of Gethsemane. There was something so personal and moving to be so close to Noah's little body. I could hear his labored and raspy air moving in and out in his chest as I held on to him so he could sit on the edge of the tub. I held his dirty little feet in my hands and rubbed them with soap and caressed his little toes and scrubbed his soles. He was calm and the water was warm and I felt so close to him as I knelt beside him and cleaned his feet. I don't think I am explaining it well enough. It was just a feeling. A feeling of complete servitude and love and today I love my Noah and I washed his feet.

Liam

1. It's the way he says, "Up, peesh" (up, please). I cannot resist him. He looks at me with those huge, dark brown eyes and moppy hairdo and leans against my legs and smiles with his cute little teethy grin ... it's too much for me. And although Liam is nearing 40 lbs, I break my back and pick him up.

2. I went to church today and Daniel stayed home with both boys. As I pulled out of the driveway, I could see through the backyard gate and there was Liam - in jeans and a sweatshirt and a toy chainsaw in his hands. He didn't see me wave to him, but he was gorgeous.

3. I love how he says "OK!" with such gusto when we ask if he wants to eat or swing on the swings or do something we already know he wants. He has a real personality that little Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment