Saturday, May 22, 2010

Noah

1. So we're sitting at the dinner table and talking about a couple that got married in a ceremony outside of the temple. Noah asked if they were going t get married in the temple later sometimes, I said, "I hope so". Noah answered with, "yeah because then she could marry a daddy and ..." he went straight into song at this point singing, "Families can be together forever". It was glorious.

2. After dinner, Daniel was washing Liam's hands and face at the sink. When he was done washing his hands, he used one of my nice dish towels to wipe the rest of the food and debris off Liam's face and hands (the debris was the hurricane of red spaghetti sauce all over him). I cringed and made a whimpering noise as Daniel wiped him off and said, "oh, really?! You're using my nce hand towels for that? .... uh ... oh no". I trailed off and just sighed heavily and Noah came out of his seat, put his little hands on my shoulder and leaned his head against my arm and said, "I know how you feel". I burst out laughing and asked, "how do I feel?" He said, "sad, because Daddy used your towels to wipe of Liam and got them all dirty". Noah is so insightful.

3. I loved how heasked for a cheese and mustard sandwich for lunch, then sat and ate it just the same way as he did on Thursday - feet swinging under thpatio table as he gobbled his food.

Liam

1. This kid is gorgeous. Tonight I enjoyed squeezing his chubby, soft thighs.

2. His tired eyes as we drove home from Old Navy. He didn't go down for a nap today and was very tired by 3 pm. I saw his droopy eyes and told Daniel to look and we both just stared at him and he had absolutely no response. It was like he couldn't muster the energy to care that we were both staring at him. He simply stared back with eyes half closed and no expresson at all on his face.

3. He loves playing outside. Whether or not anyone is out there, he just loves being outside. We got out of the car after running an errand today and he just ran toward the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment